Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Quiver Not, Oh Quiver Of Thought

I feel like my mind has different modes - creative, abstract, pensive, active.

It's more than just a mood, it's like tunnels that lead to different places and even though they may run parallel, between them is a barrier I pass not.  Last night I was able to pray and the focus and intent and connection I felt was like a clear river.  Tonight it's like I'm held back by a veil.  I feel like I'm searching for a connection and just saying words as my mind alternates between searching for God and wandering haphazardly.

On the other hand, I could write anything I wanted tonight and always find the words for it.  I could explain anything aptly... coherently... succinctly.

It somehow goes beyond even a frame of mind.  It is more a method of thought.  It is a daily new brain.

Some day mankind will be ready to discover what makes the mind flow along certain pathways... what calibrates it to function smoothly for specific tasks.  Or maybe the truth has been discovered and I've not yet found it.

Somewhere an Indian guru speaks of meditation methods.  Another of proper nutrition.  Another of intent and relationship with events.

Somewhere a man flexes but butt and tilts his head just a bit - voila! - the brain stopper's chain is first stretched taught and then pulls the stopper out as the thoughts begin to flow.

Learnings within learnings and mysteries yet unsolved - awareness lies over the next hill.

No comments: