Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Dream, Awakened


a jumble of thoughts
life is a mixed up puzzle
a dream awakened
-JB 11/14/2012

I feel like my mind is flexible today, as if I never really woke up.  Interpret this dream for me.

I had a dream where my wife and I bought our first house in a town that visually was unfamiliar to me now that I think back on it.  We were neighbors to a very large red house with white trim.  This was notable at the time.  My wife bought the house before I had seen it and there was excitement as she drove me home for the first time.  There was some sort of group meeting at our home, almost like we were a band out in the wilderness making camp, and I had to make sure that I woke up on time for work... but it was more than just going to work, it was something more significant and meaningful to the group.  I went upstairs as I explored the house.  I noticed that the previous owner had left the house furnished with dressers and beds and the closets were filled with clothes.  One room on the left had an old computer that played retro games, which excited me to play again.  That room had other old electronics that excited me to see again. There were more rooms in the house than it initially seemed, and at the end of the hall was second staircase down to the first floor kitchen that I had missed when I first came in the house.  Another staircase was next to that.  It was narrow and twisted a bit, but I could see that it went from the second floor all the way to the basement which I had not yet been to.  From the top of that staircase I could see that a light was on in the basement and the floor was red like the floor in our real home.  My wife was sometimes my brother and sometimes my wife again and all of the things left in the house, once belonging to someone I realized was now dead, were new to me and I was excited to find out what was valuable, but also just excited to have new things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can think of is, the room w/ the retro games represents something about your childhood, or the time when you were a child and you felt safe and good about it. especially since sometimes you see Levin & sometimes your wife.You really look forward to a time when you will be getting a new house. I don't know who the group is, but I am usually with a group of people in dreams, family or children or people I feel close to. Whoever they are, they look up to you.You want to be in a position of status that people respect. This makes you happy. The new house, whatever it represents, is large and new and exciting, something to explore, almost like a little kid running through his new house, looking for adventure, exploring. The red floor must mean something about where you are now, something you like, something familiar to you.

Jamal Black (Resident Wit) said...

This is more or less the day that Mateo was conceived, for those wondering...