Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Almost Thoughts and The Story of My Life


Most of the time when I try to write something, I get a line or two in and come screeching to a halt - my train of thought having run off the tracks.  I wouldn't say that I have ADD, so much as I try to cover too much track for a single train, (or maybe a defectively slow train), so the train speeds dangerously to try and meet the demand.  When it works, it's great.  Most often, though, there is a wreck.
Typically, the poems are lost to the ages, never having made the transition out of my brain.  Since I have a blog here, I'm going to start posting some of these potential poems.  Hopefully, it inspires me to pick them back up later and fix / add to them.
Then, I'll be famous.

The Heart Hive
and love swarms
comin’ in fuzzy and warm
whenever I see the form
of the one I’m sworn to
-JB 6/28/11

Me / Myself / A Scarecrow
my face on a carton
always watching
your cup of sadness
half-full
i was an optimist
eating life’s spaghetti
without a fork
in the yellow brick road
most traveled
and all around were faces
bound into pages
always chasing, erasing
most of what remained
of an uncatalogued existence
bordering on subsistence
-JB 6/28/11
On a side note, Scarecrows aren't really scary enough (especially not to birds). They just look like people - big whoop! If you really want to do something scary, build a Clowncrow. Clowns scare everybody.
Farmers can thank me with generous portions of the harvest they save.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A wolf without his wolf pack...the lone wolf.